Terms of Service (Last Updated: October 19, 2011)
Welcome to FreedomConnector!
2. To use this tool, you have affirmatively accepted membership in FreedomWorks. By using this tool, You indicate that You understand and intend these Terms of Service to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract and equally binding, and that You accept such Terms of Service and agree to be legally bound by them. Please note that FreedomWorks reserves the right to change the Terms of Service under which the opportunity to use this tool is extended to You. Your continued use of this tool following such modifications will be conclusively deemed acceptance by You of any changes to these Terms of Service.
3. This Terms of Service Agreement provides You with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this tool conditioned on Your continued compliance with the Terms of Service. As a condition of use of this tool, You warrant to FreedomWorks that You will not use this tool for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by these Terms of Service. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using FreedomConnector.
4. FreedomWorks accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on FreedomConnector. FreedomWorks cannot warrant the accuracy of any information posted in the comments/discussion area and FreedomWorks disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted or circulated in the comments/discussion area. This disclaimer includes all warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall FreedomWorks be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on FreedomConnector. In no event is FreedomWorks liable for any damage to Your computer system or business delays caused by computer viruses that may emerge from the use of FreedomConnector.
5. Neither FreedomWorks nor its officers, staff and volunteers accept any responsibility for the content of the information or postings on FreedomConnector. The content of all postings is solely the responsibility of the authors. FreedomWorks reserves the right to delete, move or edit any communications at any time, for any reason or in its discretion, but has no obligation to review or remove any such content. In the event that any inappropriate or illegal posting is brought to FreedomWorks’ attention, FreedomWorks may exercise appropriate action.
6. Any Content you post or share on or through FreedomConnector will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you authorize FreedomWorks and its affiliates and licensees to copy, broadcast, incorporate, reproduce, distribute, publicly display or otherwise use such information, without compensation to you, for the duration of any copyright or other rights in such content, and such permission may not be revoked for any reason. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you waive, release and agree not to assert any rights that you may have in connection with any content shared or posted by you. You further agree and authorize FreedomWorks and its affiliates and licensees to print, publish, reproduce, broadcast, and disseminate in any form or media, without compensation to you, your name, likeness and content, and any such permission may not be revoked for any reason.
7. You agree that you will not use FreedomConnector to post material that:
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature;
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community;
- violates any right of FreedomWorks, its officers, directors, employees, members or any third party;
- discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law;
- violates or inappropriately encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance;
- advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- contains software viruses, spyware or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- "stalks," “flames” or otherwise harasses another person or entity; and/or
- contains advertising, commercial releases, chain letters, jokes, political advocacy, personal messages or other non-related messages.
9. You agree not to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of FreedomConnector or prevent others from using FreedomConnector, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of information with an excessive number of posts (flooding attack) to FreedomConnector, or that otherwise negatively affects others’ ability to use FreedomConnector.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or it has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants FreedomWorks and other posters to FreedomConnector the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other materials, subject to the Terms of Service.
In all cases, users acknowledge the intended spirit and intent of FreedomConnector, and agree to its use in accordance with these stated principles. All participants agree to withdraw from commenting on this website when they no longer comply with the Terms of Service or when their membership in FreedomWorks is terminated, whichever occurs first. FreedomWorks reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules, or who no longer qualifies.
11. Reference within FreedomConnector to any specific individual, group, product, process, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation or favoring by FreedomWorks. The views and opinions of the authors of Content published on FreedomConnector does not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of FreedomWorks or its directors, officers, employees, or members, and cannot be used for advertising or endorsement purposes.
12. The following provision applies to users outside the United States: You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
13. These Terms of Service do not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
14. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then that provision shall be fully severed from these Terms of Service and its severance shall not effect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining terms.
15. Failure by FreedomWorks to enforce any particular term of these Terms of Service shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights hereunder.
16. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, excluding any conflict of laws, and the applicable laws of the United States. Any action arising out of any dispute with respect to these Terms of Service shall only be brought in the state or federal courts located in the District of Columbia. You further agree that the statute of limitations for any claim against FreedomWorks shall be brought within one (1) year from when the claim arose, and any claims not brought within such period shall be deemed waived.